Liebster Award...... No Suh!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Wow!  In one week I have had two wonderful ladies and their blogs nominate me for a Liebster Award.  I was nominated by Sara over at Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms and Liz at Beach Teach.  Thank you ladies!!!




When you are nominated, there are a couple of rules you have to follow:




1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Answer the questions the nominator asked you.
3. Create 11 questions for your own nominees.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
5. Contact the nominees to let them know that you nominated them.

Since I was nominated by two different bloggers I am going to answer Sara's questions since she tagged me first.  Here goes.....

1. What’s your favorite subject/grade to teach?8th grade American History!!!!  I love 8th graders because they are the perfect hybrid of an adult and a child and although you get the worst of both age groups, you totally et the best!
2. What is your favorite picture book?
I recently taught a lesson on the ocean in my kiddo's kindergarten class and we read Over in the Ocean In a Coral Reef by Marianne Berkes.  It is gorgeous!
3. What is your favorite picture book?I recently taught a lesson on the ocean in my kiddo's kindergarten class and we read Over in the Ocean In a Coral Reef by Marianne Berkes.  It is gorgeous!

4. What is your favorite chapter book?My absolute favorite book of all time is Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.  I try to read it every year.
5. Give us your best teaching tip for new teachers.
Have faith that you are the person in the room who knows what you are doing:)
6. What piece of technology could you not do without in your classroom and why?
LCD Projector!!!  I can give up everything but my projector (and of course my computer).  With these two things, my fabulous midgets and I can travel the world!

7. What is your favorite “after work” meal?
Spaghetti and meatballs!!!
8. What are your hobbies?
Blogging, digital scrapbooking and reading are my passions!
9. List your 3 favorite vacation spots.
Rye, NH
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
.....We honeymooned at the last two!
10. What is one thing you have purchased for your classroom this summer?
Nothing yet!
11. What book would you recommend for fellow teachers?
Teach Like a Pirate....I'm almost done with it and I loooove it!
12. If you won $500 for your classroom what would you purchase?
Two Chromebooks.....more technology!


Here are my 11 questions:



  1. Why did you become a teacher?
  2. What is your favorite classroom activity of all time?
  3. What is your favorite book?
  4. What is your favorite restaurant?
  5. What TV show do you watch but you hate to admit it?
  6. If you could go on vacation anywhere and didn't have to worry about price, where would you go?
  7. What television show can you binge watch for hours on end?
  8. What is your favorite thing to do during summer vacation?
  9. What piece of technology would you loooooove to have for your classroom?
  10. What website could you not live without in your classroom?
  11. Why did you start blogging?
Here are my nominees:

I tried to pick some fellow middle school teachers as all as some fellow New Englanders.


3 comments

  1. Hi Kara,
    Thanks so much for my Liebster nomination and congratulations on your own award! I am your newest follower!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I agree about the LCD projector. I got mine a couple years ago and now I can't teach without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara,
    Thank you for the Liebster nomination! Your blog is adorable! I can't wait to read your future posts :)
    Darlene
    meatballsinthemiddle

    ReplyDelete