Lovin' It Interactive

Sunday, September 15, 2013
I've completed week three and not only am I still alive, I'm loving what I'm doing.  I love being in a K - 8 school.  You can't be upset for too long when the littlest midgets swing by your room to show you the rainbow they just drew.  Not only am I teaching four periods of middle school social studies, I'm also teaching a small pull out ELA group.  I love getting back to working on literature.  Although social studies is my passion, I love teaching reading so this is a great opportunity.

Mostly, I loooooooove my interactive notebooks!  Right now I've been working on the Five Themes of Geography with my seventh graders and U.S. geography with my eighth graders and they are already loving the notebooks.











I love taking something s simple as a worksheet and making it creative and interactive.  If you are interested, you can purchase some interactive notebook units over at my TPT store, Engaging Them All.

My five themes unit is new and improved!  I've added PowerPoints for whole class instruction, a formative assessment and a final project tapping into that old "Create" category in Bloom's Taxonomy (my favorite!!)









3 comments

  1. I'm going to skip the land features with my students only in the interest of time, but I can't wait to use the 5 Themes of Geography in my interactive notebooks! I think my students are going to <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara! So glad you are enjoying your new school and kids! As for early finishers, I give my kids a weekly assignment (due Fridays) that they can work on during bell work time and anytime they have a couple of extra minutes. Sometimes they really have to push to have it done by the end of the week, but it keeps them really focused on not wasting possible learning time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! I implemented the weekly work and it's gone well!

      Delete