Experience it and they will learn!

Sunday, April 19, 2015



Get the kids moving! Learning about Ancient Egypt through simulation! #ancientegypt #activities #socialstudies #middleschool #elementaryschool #socialstudieslabs
I've been trying this year to create more experiential exercises for my kids and ancient history really affords me that opportunity. My kids were about to study ancient Egypt and I knew this was going to be the perfect opportunity for my kids to experience the daily lives of ancient Egyptians. We set up the room to have eight different stations and the kiddos got to experience all levels of society from pharaoh down to slave. Each station had an activity but all activities were interrupted by the whim and fancy of the pharaoh.
We had artisans practicing their craft....

Egyptians and their families being exiled for crimes.
Peasants playing memory to learn more about their crops.
Scribes deciphering their clues.
Soldiers practicing archery and patrolling the border.
Slaves building monuments all throughout the kingdom.

The students had so much fun they've asked if I can make a similar simulation for Greec and Rome. I said if I had an extra16 hours to plan it I would!!!
If you're interested in doing this activity your class going over to Teachers Pay Teachers and check it out. Thanks!


2 comments

  1. Hello! I did this activity with my class a few years ago and they absolutely loved it. I had purchased it on TPT and now is now where to be found! I have scoured all my folders and the internet and it just disappeared into thin air. I'm happy to buy it again, if you still have a copy? I'm desperate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to find it too and thought I was going crazy! This looks like so much fun! Wish I could purchase!

    ReplyDelete